- difficulties of personalized risk assessment
- Drugs cause falls in old people. When drugs were stopped, falls went down — in one case, by two-thirds.
- University of Western Australia, in response to a complaint, allows researcher to “investigate” himself.
- Food and mental illness
- “I have stage 3 melonoma. . . . I have the ability to speed read . . . I found one very promising study.”
- Translator strikes back
- Masha Gessen, one of my favorite writers, on Pussy Riot
Thanks to Alex Chernavsky.