- The promise of Bitcoin (the platform). “Bitcoin encapsulates four fundamental technologies . . . “
- Bacteria and our behavior
- Alternate-day fasting by normal-weight subjects. ”These findings suggest that ADF is effective for weight loss and cardio-protection in normal weight and overweight adults.” The experiment lasted 12 weeks.
- Small interesting psychology experiments. “Whenever I go to a conference, I hate to wear those silly stickers that say “HELLO! MY NAME IS.” I just write “SATAN” in the blank space.”
- Pomona College dean of students sneers at a more reality-based college. She said: “Discovery, empathy, adaptability is goal of broad-based education, prepares students for life, learning & jobs known & unknown.” As the author, John Tierney, says, “What makes some people at liberal-arts colleges so dismissive of, and condescending toward, institutions that actually train people for careers?” I encountered a similar attitude at Berkeley. At a faculty meeting, I praised someone’s research. Another professor complained that the research was “applied”.
Thanks to Donna Warnock.