- Obesity associated with hearing loss. The correlation is surprising and, if explained, might shed light on what causes obesity or what causes hearing loss.
- The three biggest lies of Teach For America. From the same blogger: A devastating comment about Secretary of Education Arne Duncan.
- Benefits of breast-feeding. “Breast-fed babies are less likely to have ear infections and diarrhea as infants, and less likely to be obese and have diabetes as adults.” More evidence for the importance of microbe-rich food.
- Heart guidelines aren’t changed after underlying data shown to be fraudulent.
- Old-fashioned self-experimentation: does a snakebite treatment work? For a long time, self-experimentation to help yourself was undocumented.
Thanks to Alex Chernavsky and dearime.