- World Health Organization opposes effective herbal malaria remedy
- Increasing potassium intake reduces blood pressure and risk of stroke (experimental evidence)
- How to clearly distinguish thermometer and proxy temperature records.
- Conversation with Edward Jay Epstein about his new book Annals of Unsolved Crime.
- The flavors of fermentation (WSJ). “Recreating naturally occurring fermented flavors in a lab isn’t easy, experts say. “What I marvel the most about is the complexity, especially with something like kimchi,” says Paul Ricciardi, an IFF flavorist.” I believe we like complex flavors so that we will eat more fermented food.
- Ada by Vladimir Nabokov, annotated
- Patient-powered health (BMJ)
Thanks to Dave Lull and Ashish Mukharji.