- Interview with Royce White, the basketball player. I agree with him that addictions should be considered mental disorders. I think they are usually self-medication for a mood disorder, such as depression. His view that more than half of Americans have a mental disorder is consistent with my view that you need to see faces in the morning to have your mood control system work properly. Hardly anyone sees enough faces in the morning.
- Racial quotas at Harvard by Ron Unz. “Top officials at Harvard, Yale, and Princeton today strenuously deny the existence of Asian-American quotas, but their predecessors had similarly denied the existence of Jewish quotas in the 1920s, now universally acknowledged to have existed.”
- Traditional Filipino fermented foods (scientific paper)
- Omega-6 supplementation (with concurrent decrease in saturated fat) increases heart disease
- How not to globalize Korean food. For one thing, don’t assume all foreigners are alike.
Thanks to dearime.