- American Geophysical Union honors Peter Gleick.
- What does using SPSS say about you? (Via Marginal Revolution). I disagree that R users “do not care about aesthetics.” R can make much nicer graphs than other packages.
- Does the Daily Mail website get 100 million unique visitors per month? If so, did Michael Jackson sell one billion records?
- IRB difficulties, social science division
- Unsafe injections: “This can’t happen in the United States, this is a Third World thing.”
- What medication was Lanza on? “It may well turn out that knowing what kinds of guns he used isn’t nearly as important as what kind of drugs he used.”
- Aaron Swartz in his own words.
Thanks to Patrick Vlaskovits.