- Interview with Jane Jacobs about The Nature of Economies. “Canada should seriously study Iceland.”
- A month with no electric light. The post is titled “a month with no artificial light” but candles are used.
- Adventures in nutritional therapy. “A record of my successes and failures trying to solve a bunch of health annoyances without resorting to prescription drugs.” I’ve linked here before but there’s lots of new stuff.
- Did you know that the inventor of the Heimlich maneuver did AIDS research?
- Falling off the 5:2 diet program (fasting 2 days per week), popularized by the Horizon TV program Eat Fast and Live Longer. It produced only a little weight loss and the other benefits were invisible.
- Great article about the connection between childhood lead exposure and adult crime rate.
Thanks to Hal Pashler.