- The Data Vigilante
- Unnecessary wisdom tooth extractions
- How American medicine is destroying itself (their title, not mine). “Look at the “breakthroughs” that have been predicted for such scientific sure things as stem-cell technology and medical genetics—but have yet to be realized. . . Our [= American medicine's] main achievements today consist of devising ways to marginally extend the lives of the very sick.”
- New kind of light bulb, matches sunlight much better. I believe building lighting will eventually match sunlight during the day and not match it (removing the blue light that controls circadian clocks, such as the clock that puts you to sleep) after sundown. Improving sleep and health.
- Exposure to pesticides used to purify water correlated with allergies. Water with fewer microbes may be more dangerous than water with more microbes.
- Diabetes: the epidemic. Unlike other major causes of death — heart disease, stroke, and cancer — diabetes is increasing quickly.
Thanks to Dave Lull and Alex Chernavsky.