- Yoni Donner Quantified Self talk about measuring mental performance. He found he did better after eating than after fasting 21 hours.
- When will machines replace doctors? “When Khosla challenged the assembled sawbones to counter his argument, Liu said, the room was silent.”
- How current reward structures have distorted British science. I wonder if the author, an Oxford professor of psychology, understands how earlier reward structures distorted science.
- Vertos Medical, which makes surgical devices, accuses a professor of surgery “of scientific misconduct and violating “research ethics” by failing, among other things, to follow the study’s original protocol and by independently deciding to follow his patients for added time without seeking agreement from Vertos” (emphasis added). Vertos Medical didn’t like the results of the additional observation so they went nuclear.
- An example of great writing (because it’s full of emotion).
Thanks to Bryan Castañeda and Alex Chernavsky.