- Another psychology professor resigns after allegations of data fraud
- Is 1 masculine and 2 feminine? Apparently. The pattern seems to be that odd numbers are more masculine and even numbers more feminine.
- Lauren Collins shows again that she is one of The New Yorker’s best writers
- inaccuracy in the work of Stephen Jay Gould
- Long ago, Daniel Koshland, the editor of Science, said (not as a joke) that “99.9999% of [scientific] reports are accurate and truthful”. Now it is clear he was wrong.
- Rewriting financial history was, in one dataset, very common. This paper was published in 2009 but I just learned about it.
Thanks to Hal Pashler and Robin Barooah.