- ALS patients test promising chemical, collate the results themselves.
- Did you know about “side letters”? New ways that Hollywood makes money by Edward Epstein.
- Parents have stronger immune systems than non-parents.
- Does sewer work improve your immune system? ” Sewer workers think so. “The [sewer workers] that Mayhew met were strong, robust and even florid in complexion, often surprisingly long-lived–thanks, perhaps, to immune systems that grew used to working flat out–and adamantly convinced that the stench that they encountered in the tunnels [while searching for valuable stuff, such as coins] “contributes in a variety of ways to their general health.”
- Steve McIntyre tries to get Science and PNAS to enforce their data archiving policies. Thompson = Lonnie Thompson, an Ohio State climatologist.
Thanks to Adam Clemens, Melissa McEwen, and Navanit Arakeri.