- Big Pharma versus Parkinson’s disease — perfectly good non-Big-Pharma treatments (ECT, nicotine, caffeine) are neglected in favor of a much worse Big-Pharma treatment (L-dopa).
- Substances high in Essential Fatty Acids, such as evening primrose oil, used to treat allergy-associated problems (case reports). From the 1980s. Other articles from the Foundation for Integrated Medicine.
- Artisanal sake survives the tsunami and makes an accidental discovery.
- Food tour of Tokyo by Jeffrey Steingarten.
- Should England’s Royal Society be taken seriously? Judging by their leaders’ certainty about global warming . . .
- 60 Minutes covers the Anil Potti scandal at Duke University.
Thanks to Allen Carl Jackson, Phil Alexander and Navanit Arakeri.