- Independent discovery of nose-clipping? Nasal soft strips reduce appetite, according to an infomercial.
- Does it matter how you take Vitamin D? A little bit of research.
- Hypercalcemia (too much calcium in the blood) after patient takes 5500 IU/day Vitamin D3 plus 2000 mg/day calcium.
- Fat Chef. A new TV show on the Food Network. Chefs try to lose weight.
- Kickstarter project: Restaurant guide to San Francisco on a map folded in a new way.
- The acne-diet connection. Dermatologists — the supposed experts — continue to say they aren’t connected.
Thanks to Anne Weiss, Phil Alexander and Dave Lull.