- The art and science of miso. High-quality miso from Massachusetts.
- A former BMJ editor on research misconduct. Biased reporting of research.
- Health-care CEOs are America’s best-paid executives. “John Hammergren, chief executive of McKesson Corporation, . . . took home $145,266,971 in 2010. McKeeson is . . . is the largest pharmaceutical distributor in North America. . . Ronald Williams, boss of health insurance giant Aetna, made $57,787,786 in 2010. . . . Since he became CEO, Aetna’s stock price declined by 70%.”
- “How one man got away with mass [scientific] fraud.” I agree with almost none of the opinions expressed in this article, but the facts are interesting.
- From here: Compare the number of articles written by an average physicist and an average mathematician:
- Physicist: The first announcement, the second, correction, detailed version, and the crucial error found. [5 articles]
- Mathematician: The proof. [1 article]
Thanks to Alex Chernavsky and Casey Manion.