- MMO (massively multiplayer online) game connoisseurship
- Thorstein Veblen lives! (cartoon)
- article about self-tracking in Technology Review with several associated articles. The author, Emily Singer, describes a month of self-tracking, including what went wrong.
- triumph of new-age medicine. Emily Blackburn, a Nobel Prize winner, says modern medicine does a good job with infectious disease. What about antibiotic resistance? What about failing to understand how to boost the immune system?
- Medtronic didn’t waste $23 million. Associated article. A surgeon named Thomas Zdeblick, who received $23 million from Medtronic, has drawn attention away from the company by claiming he has no financial interest in a product that generates substantial income for him whenever it is used according to FDA guidelines.
Thanks to Tim Lundeen, J.C. and Ben Casnocha.